Skip to main content

June 2013 escape to Cameron : ) part 1

  This is my first blog ever : ) And I decided to write something about my recent trip to this cooling Cameron (*still can feel the wind blow onto my face)!!!! hehehehehe....

  I took a day off from work last Friday because me and bf wanna avoid the expected crowd during the long weekend (due to our Agung's birthday). And in fact the hotel rate will have a big different comparing Friday night and Saturday night. We stayed at this budget hotel, Hotel Titiwangsa at Brinchang which we booked online, the room rate is RM188 consider very reasonable which include a steamboat dinner and a complimentary breakfast!!! And I would say the food was not bad at all! See the photos below.




  Not bad right?? ok, let's begin to talk about the journey. We departed  at 5.30am in the morning from Penang and did not make any pit stop along the way, and we reached Cameron by around 8.30am. Along the way up the hill, we wind down the window and turn off the car air-cond, let the cool morning breeze the blow and wake us up a little : ) Feeling super excited because the weather was so great!!

  We planned to visit the Cameron Lavender as our 1st stop because it was along the way up hill and a few kilometers more to Kea farm, if not mistaken it was located at Tringkap, you will be able to notice it along your way up which will be at your right hand side. The Lavender garden open by 9.00am and the entrance fee is RM5.00 per person. This is what you see upon entry, the purple was irresistible! *love!! However, I don't really smell any lavender in there?!



Me and the cute car. still look super sleepy. lolx!!
Favorite picture of all!!! the weather was so great!!!!


  We stay for around half an hour and leave because the garden was not really big and it was getting warmer and warmer. I can't wait to go back to car and took off my jacket and sport shoe. Then we head straight to this Ee Feng Gu Honey Bee Farm which is just opposite the famous Sungai Palas Boh Tea plantation entrance. The bee farm was open for visit with no entrance fee. I bought a botel of honey which cost me for RM45 per kg. I think it was a fair deal as the honey really taste good and they harvest it by themselves.

  After all this, it was around 10.30am and we thought that it will not be so crowded at the Boh tea center at Sungai Palas because people would probably finish their breakfast there. But I have not been so wrong in my life. The Tea house was so crowded and there is no place for us to sit at all!!!! So bf and I decided that I will queue up to buy the food while he will look for place to sit. Luckily he found a place to sit down and the I just waited for a while to order the food : ) And people in the tea house was started to leave and we can finally slowly sit down and enjoy the tea!

  This is what we ordered and it cost us RM23. I personally think that the price was ok considering this is a famous tourist spot. And it was not only about the tea or the food, the environment was so great and we enjoyed the scenery so much! Surrounded by the tea plantation and the natural air-cond, superb!!!!!!!!

The view of the tea house from outside


The view from the tea house
  We visited the gallery and the tea shop to buy some tea and souvenir, but I will recommend you all not to buy from there because the price was actually higher and there is 5% of tax some more!!!! WHAT???!!! Yes, they do tax for what I bought there. So please wait until you reach Brinchang and buy it there.

  We leave Sungai Palas and head straight to Brinchang, but here's where the nightmare starts. The traffic was so congested around Brinchang. Thus we just drive up to this Sham Poh temple to rest for awhile because it was not time for lunch yet and the hotel check in was at 3pm. I really glad that we did pay a visit to the temple because there was nobody there and inside was so cozy. Bf and I just sit on a bench and listen to the wind, and it really make me so relax, forget about the tension from work and the traffic outside. This pit stop had really re-charged both of us and we decided to go back to Brinchang to have our lunch before check in. We were lucky to get a parking spot at this peak hour as the parking space was limited.

Lunch at O.K. Tuck
  The lunch at O.K. Tuck was great and it was not that pricey as we thought. It cost us around RM33 including drinks. And we drop by at a mini market, just to kill the time before check in, and guess what? I found this Quaker's Red Bean Instant Out which came from Taiwan and I bought it, This is something that I did not expect to buy in Cameron, but as I love red bean so much so I couldn't resist it. *yum yum

  We took a rest at the hotel after check in, and head to the Pasar Tani at Kea farm around 4.30pm. Luckily the traffic was ok because we were in the opposite direction to other who head to Brinchang Pasar Malam. We went to the Raju's hill strawberry farm and bought the ice stick and strawberry jam. The ice stick was really sweet and personally think that is too much! Cannot take it! But the jam and strawberry was good.
  Then we went to this Rose Center just behind the main pasar tani which cost us RM5 per person. This is a place where I would definitely recommend as it worth every single cent of the money paid! The farm was huge and all the flowers were well maintained. And I would say we go there at the right time where it was not crowed and the hot sun has went down, so we can take our own sweet time to snap photos!! 



Looks like it's gonna rain



  After this we went back to our hotel through a really congested traffic as everyone is heading to the pasar malam. We were stuck in the traffic for around an hour. Then we had the steamboat dinner that I posted the photo at the beginning of my post. Then we decided to take a walk to the pasar malam because it will be hard to find parking place there. We bought a few snack to try off, the potato balls were not bad, but the honey with hives... I think it was not edible, it taste like chewing gum to me. lolx! I also bought the steam sweet corn which cost RM3, and I just LOVE IT!!! So fresh and sweet. 

  Finally the 1st day at Cameron has come to the end, and I know it was a long post. Thank you for bear with me and I hope you guys will like it and find it is useful. I will post my journey of the next morning soon : )  Stay tuned and Good night for now!
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little Castle Menu Batu Maung: Complete Menu clear & complete version

   Little Castle Western food is located besides OCBC bank at Batu Maung FTZ. It is a great choice of lunch whenever we would like to have a little celebration or when you crave for western food. You may follow this coordination to find it.   Little Castle have update their new menu not too long ago and here I am to share with all of you. Normally we make an reservation and order before lunch time just to skip the waiting. Hope you guys find it helpful : )     Set lunch from Monday to Thursday is also available: Additional information: Address: No. 53-01,  Lintang Batu Maung, Bayan Lepas, Penang, 11960, Batu Maung, Pulau Pinang . Contact No: 04-626 2212 MY 11960  

Langkawi Seafood: 同心圆 GLK TONG SHAM YUN Seafood Restaurant

Langkawi Day 1: Dinner   We have chosen Tong Sham Yun Seafood as our first night dinner. Read a few review about Wonderland and Tong Sham Yun which is located side by side in Kuah town, I decided to go to Tong Sham Yun as the review is better in term of service and charge.   And we can see that Wonderland is full of foreigners that dine in there, while Tong Sham Yun have more of local or Malaysian tourist. The atmosphere is nice, located just beside a river and the dining is open aired. The owner is nice and friendly, recommended a few dishes which I think is definitely recommended!!! First on the list, the santan prawn 椰汁虾 (RM 27). Nice and sweet, with the aroma of santan and some spice such as curry, the combination is very nice and it taste surprise to me. I have never taste prawn which is cook in this manner and it is good : ) Definitely thumbs up for this!   The steam fish, freshly catch (not the frozen type). Cost us RM 8 per 100g (RM 48 in total), the owner has ch

Where to eat in Langkawi: Chinese coffee shop

  Saw a lot of post complaint about there is no Chinese food in Langkawi, so here I am to share where did I find Chinese food in Langkawi during my trip.   Besides the seafood restaurant Tong Sham Yun Seafood  which you could read about the review following the link above, I'm gonna share about the lunch that we had after island hooping.   This is the kind of coffee shop that we could find around Malaysia, however I did not see much in Langkawi. We found it on our way back to hotel in the afternoon, located at the end of the same street where Hotel Bahagia located. Sorry for not remember the name of the shop, but it is easy to spot if you can find Hotel Bahagia, or follow the coordination I shared below.   There is not much variety or stall in the shop, and we saw most of the customer are from local and many of them are having Pan Mee. So we follow and ordered dried Pan Mee which cost RM 5.00. Quite reasonable in fact, knowing we are tourist : ) All of us feel satisfy with th